Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Happy Birthday, Abbie!!

I texted Abbie this morning and said, "Welcome to your 20s!" A whole new decade is upon us, and I can't wait to see what it brings. Of course, we just love her to death and are so proud of the incredible woman she has become.

So far, I think she is having a good birthday. I spoke to her briefly today, and she and Alden will probably go out for dinner tonight to celebrate. 

In NYC

They just returned from a weekend trip to NYC to visit his family. Whenever they go, they are responsible for Shabbat dinner, and making challah is a key part of that. Abbie has always enjoyed baking bread, so this is right up her alley. They seem to have fun kneading the dough together! LOL.

The summer will soon come to a close, and Abbie's internship has gone well. They have asked her to stay on for a few extra days, which is a good sign. Back in June, I requested a "first day of work" photo and was pretty impressed by this young power couple. :)

First day of work

In addition to their internships, this has been a busy summer with all the adulting it takes to work full-time, grocery shop, plan meals, get the dry cleaning done, etc. Not only that, but their fellowship holds periodic weekend seminars that require advanced reading and writing.  

Baker Fellows

They have also been trying to make the most of their time in DC by attending concerts, talks, and other events. There is so much going on that I'm sure they can't get to every event they would like to attend. They have also been able to connect with family a bit, with Greg and Elizabeth taking them out to dinner in the city and hosting them at their place in Virginia.

Abbie & Elizabeth

All in all, I think it has been a successful summer. I have no idea what Abbie's Fall semester looks like, but I'm sure it will be busy as always. No harm in sucking the marrow out of life! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home